- Please note that the browser you are using is either outdated or not supported by this website. For a better browsing experience, try one of the following:
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher
2022 Bordeaux En Primeur
"In forty-five years of regular observing of Bordeaux wines, I don't think I have ever seen the birth of such a great vintage," Michel Bettane, noted French wine critic. Read on for an intro, points to remember, and a link to latest full list.
May 29, 2023
BORDEAUX 2022 EN PRIMEUR
"In forty-five years of regular observing of Bordeaux wines,
I don't think I have ever seen the birth of such a great vintage,"
Michel Bettane, noted French wine critic
· Most wines have high alcoholic levels of 14-15%
· Nonetheless, many are balanced in fruit, tannin, and even acidity. The better wines have no hot bite. Critics have noted no sense of alcohol excess in the better wines.
· From the 2003 vintage on, good winegrowers have learned how to grow grapes in dry heat and to make them into balanced wines in the cellar. All across Bordeaux, some others had issues with the heat/drought. Their wines reflect these problems.
· The amount of “grand wine” each vineyard produced is generally less than usual, so we will have smaller allocations than in previous years. Also, some major East Asian markets that did not participate in the last three futures offerings are now back bidding on the wines
· The initial pricing below seems very reasonable compared to the 2020 starting prices. We can only wait and see if this will continue.
· If these prices persist, the quality of the 2022 will more than likely create a shortfall, and I will sell through sought-after wines very quickly.
· If you know a property you want to get, email me. I’ll let you know its price so you can order in time.
· If you have any questions or would like some advice, send me an email also. I have been doing futures in one way or another since the 1970 vintage. It makes me smile. That’s 50 years!!!
· You do not need my advice to buy Chateau Margaux, but I will note various wines with “Sleeper” or “Price/Value” on the lists as I send them out. Pay attention.
See our complete list HERE
Order by phone at 617.367.8605, or reserve here: email@example.com